Monday, September 06, 2010

Jinglebell Jack!


Meet Jinglebell Jack!!  He is a bold sort of fellow, full of hijinx and cleverness!  I made him when my older 2 girls were little, because we had a book by the same name, about this wonderful little clown that a Mom made for her little girl after they had seen the clown in a circus.  It made them so happy to have a Jinglebell Jack of their own!

Here is a picture of him with his book:


and another showing some of the cute pages in this little vintage wonder:


I made him in much the same way as my Mom made the little button doll shown in an earlier blog.  Of course, instead of the buttons, I made lots of little fabric yo-yo's from circles I cut out of remnants I had on hand.  I also had to embroider his face on.  I did this just by looking at his picture in the little book, and drawing his face onto some fabric. 

He loves his own book, as you can see here:


The other day, I found him to be quite fallen apart, from much playing (he had overexerted himself!), and sitting right by him was an old fashioned dolly that had lost her head!  I think she may have just been in love with Jinglebell Jack, and was overcome!  Anyway, I fixed them both, and here is their happy owner now with them:

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me about it: